All applicants for student visa of any type except for citizens of Belgium, Norway and Sweden are required to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It is a health insurance that assists you to pay for medical or hospital care you may need during your studying in Australia. It also covers prescription medicines and an ambulance in case of emergency. If you come with your family on student visa you will need to apply for OSHC for all of you.
It is very important that you keep your OSHC valid for the duration of your student visa in Australia. Australia Dream Solutions has partnered with NIB to help you to get the most competitive rate on the market.