Working Holiday (417) / Work & Holiday (462) Visas
These visa allows you to have an extended holiday while having a short-term work in Australia during visa’s validity. You need to be a citizen of one of the countries with which Australia has signed Working Holiday agreements. For 417 visa these are: England, France, Italy, Japan, China, Germany, Canada, The Netherlands, Ireland, Korea, Malta, Denmark, Sweden, Hong Kong, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, Cyprus and Taiwan.
For 462 visa the eligible countries are: Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Uruguay.
With these visas you are allowed to:
- enter Australia within 12 months of grant
- stay up to 12 months (462) or 24 months (417)
- leave and re-enter Australia any number of times within visa’s validity
- work in Australia for up to six months with each employer
- study for up to four months
- extend the visa once (in case of 462 visa certain conditions apply).